Led by Cindy Kaplan MA Parent/Family Coach
Grab a coffee or tea and let’s discuss…
- December 14
- What is mindfulness parenting, and why does it matter?
- January 18
- When your kid pushes your buttons and what you can do about it
- February 15
- Does your child’s anxiety make you anxious?
- March 15
- Step out of power struggles and into problem solving
- April 12
- What if you are not on the same child-rearing page as your partner?
- May 17
- Mastering the art of setting clear boundaries
In Five Easy Steps-Using the Collaborative Problem Solving Approach
– Re-think rewards and punishments
– See your child through a fresh lens
– Develop your children’s skills
Collaborative Problem Solving is an approach developed by the Think:Kids Program in the Department of Psychiatry at Massachusetts General Hospital.
This series is facilitated by Cindy Kaplan, MA, PCI Certified Parent Coach who has been working with parents and families since 1995. She has a private parent coaching practice, leads a variety of parenting workshops, and is experienced with parenting children with special needs. Cindy is a mother of three, ages 18, 15, and 9. Cindy has published articles in the Boston Parents Paper and Natural Healing Magazine and is currently finishing up her memoir.
Day of Week – Thursday
Dates – April 27, 2017
Time – 1:00 PM
As parents, we have become experts at living in the past and the future while our children are experts at living in the present. Our culture has strongly pushed us to have busy schedules, full careers, and fast paced lives, leading us to living our lives with impatience, worry, and stress. Learning how to bring mindfulness into our lives both personally and as parents is something we are all capable of. Embracing the practice of mindfulness will bring greater satisfaction, meaning, and joy into our world.
In this series, you will learn:
1) The benefits of mindfulness
2) Practical ways to integrate mindfulness into daily life
3) Tools to be more responsive and less reactive to your children
4) Ways to lower your stress level in all areas of your life
TLC Facilitator: Cindy Kaplan, MA is a certified Parent Coach and Family Therapist. She is also a certified Practitioner of the Think Kids Collaborative Problem Solving approach and Yoga for the Special Child. She is the mother of three kids ages 18. 15, and 9, and lives with her family in Newton.
Day of Week – Thursday
Dates – May 11, 2017
Time – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM